Like us on FaceBook!
View larger image
View back cover
View larger image
Trenches of Valor
Raids across No Man's Land - 1918
Where did the great commanders of World War 2 get their start? Fighting in the trenches of World War 1, of course!
Many recall the stalemated trench lines opposing each other for years of futile mass-assaults, but there was daring and heroic action to be found in the small unit trench raids led by rising young officers such as Erwin Rommel. Crossing “No Man’s Land,” cutting the barbed wire, and sneaking in under the cover of darkness while a box barrage guarded the raider’s flanks, small parties of soldiers would risk all in an effort to keep the enemy off-balance and prepare the way for future actions.
These quick raids of maneuver and destruction caused panic and pulse-pounding excitement for their brief durations, serving as the stuff of heroic legend for a generation whose nations fought so tragically. Can you lead or defend against a surprise raid among the trenches? Can you keep steady as troops arrive and nerve-wracking bombs go off seemingly from nowhere? Will you triumph among confusion amid the Trenches of Valor?
Number of Players: 2
Ages: 13 and up
Playing Time: approximately 25 minutes
Complexity: 2.5 on a 9 scale
Solitaire Suitability: 6.5 on a 9 scale
Scale: Each unit is 2 to 10 soldiers, each hex ≈ 50 meters across, and each turn is about 30 to 60 seconds of real time.
• One 4-page, color Rules booklet with 6 scenarios included
• 42 color, die-cut 3/4” mounted pieces
• One 11” x 17” color game map with tables
• 1 BATTLESSONTM sheet
• Polybag packaging and component storage
• Part of an introductory wargame series!
What They're Saying:
- "I can’t wait for more scenarios and expansions to come out for the game. Did it meet my desire for a World War 1 game? Right now I would say yes. I like that it plays quickly and is portable. I can play it during a lunch break. If you are someone that wants a quick, fun game, of WW1 combat give it a try. As an introductory game, if you are trying to bring someone into the hobby this is certainly a game worth getting because it is simple enough for someone new to grasp but difficult enough for more experienced players to still have a good time." - Michael Bowker (Board Game Geek)
- "I was very pleasantly surprised with Trenches of Valor and Victory Point Games is quickly moving up my ladder of game publishers I greatly enjoy. This game is everything I want it to be. It’s small enough to take anywhere, plays big enough to satisfy my gaming needs, challenges me, is easy to teach, easy to learn, and has unlimited replay value. All of this for under $20! You don’t find wargames that provide this much for so little money down. I can see myself playing this game just about anywhere and with just about anyone. It has also hooked my oldest little geek and has him thinking of playing more complex games and has him interested in history. If that’s not a total win, I don’t know what is." - Cyrus Kirby (Board Game Geek)
Game Design: Pelle Nilsson
Development & Graphic Design: Alan Emrich
Counter Art: Mikael Rydfalk
Playtesting: Yngve Ahlenbäck, Vince DeNardo, Stefan Anton Federsel, Daniel Gray, Henrik Kihlberg, Hermann Luttmann, Tully McKinley, Kim Meints, Anthony Nunziata, Stephanie Newland, Jonathan Rockmore, Mattias Rönnblom, Michael Socey
Proofreading: Tom Black
Standard Price: $17.95
(Rules require a PDF viewer installed in your browser, or right-click to download and open with a PDF reader)